General education and training issues
- Participates in the implementation process of the EU 2020 and Education and Training 2020 flagship initiatives, among others, via active representation in Open Method of Coordination Working Groups of the European Commission;
- Monitors EU initiatives on linking education and employment, skills and jobs, learning and job forecasting and on youth employment.
- Participates in setting up and monitoring the implementation of EU policy on all prioritised areas of education, for instance learning mobility, teaching languages, entrepreneurship education, maths and science education, education for sustainable development, etc.
- Advocates the provision of quality education and monitors the set-up of quality assurance mechanisms at European and national levels;
- Carries forward and seeks new opportunities for cooperation with other unions and professional organisations working on education, such as the EFEE; ETUC, EPSU, ESU, ATEE, etc